MIPS Helmet + Classic Straw Hat Bike Helmet Cover
● Mips low friction layer reduces some of the rotational motion to the brain vs. helmets without it.
● Dual-certified for cycling & skateboarding for North America: CPSC, ASTM F1492
● Free shipping, returns, and exchanges anywhere in the US!
A helmet that will keep you safe and look great: the Straw Hat Helmet Cover + Bern Macon Helmet with MIPS. This helmet and cover combo is unlike any other on the market, and is sure to turn heads when you are out on the road. Order yours today and let the compliments roll in.
The Bern Macon helmet is designed to provide you with the best possible protection. The helmet is made with a MIPS inner shell and features a sleek, minimal design. Extra ventilation and a refined retention system keep you cool and comfortable while riding a bicycle.
TRADITION OF CRAFTSMANSHIP
Century old millinery techniques created to ensure elegant finishings combine with the high tech materials necessary to turn this classic hat style into a practical bicycle accessory.
3 INCH PROTECTIVE BRIM
A dermatologist approved 3” halo brim evokes imagery of Sophia Loren along the Amalfi Coast while protecting the skin from UV rays.
A memory plastic reinforcement wire is sewn into the brim with a tried and true millinery technique utilizing a grosgrain binding. This attention to detail means the brim will maintain integrity even if the hat is scuffed or a thread breaks.
INNOVATIVE STRAP KEEPERS
An elastic cuff and a pair of strap keepers allow the Bike Pretty Straw Hat Bike Helmet Cover Only to easily adapt to the form of the base helmet. Learn more about how to install the helmet on the cover here: https://bikepretty.com/blogs/blog/will-the-straw-hat-cover-fit-my-helmet
BERN MACON 2.0 HELMET WITH MIPS
The Macon 2.0 is Bern’s skate inspired hard-shell lid, featuring the durability you need with the lightweight performance you desire. It comes loaded with a no-fuss EZ Fit system and a MIPS impact liner. Paired with the Straw Hat Cover for the ultimate in fashionable versatility.
How to install cover on helmet:
- Place the helmet on your head
- Pinch the free edge of the elastic cuff of the cover between thumb and fingers
- Slide the cover over the helmet until it is mostly installed
- Remove the now combined helmet + cover and refine the placement of the cuff
- Spray the cover with water and smooth any wrinkles with hands. Allow to dry completely.
The Straw Hat Bike Helmet is two separate components: a hard shell bicycle helmet and a hat-style cover.
The Bern Macon 2.0 Helmet with MIPS is US CPSC and EN 1078 certified safe for use as a bicycle helmet in both the United States and Europe.
The covers are hand made to be both beautiful and tough so you can arrive looking good in any conditions.